Tuesday 14 April 2015

Cupcake brownies


You wake up on a Saturday morning with the realisation that you just finished your university tests and you have absolutely nothing to do (no, I will not continue studying just yet). Room cleaned ✓, house cleaned ✓, outdoor errands ✓. So a few weeks back, I baked a chocolate cake (which because of my lack of presentation skills resulted in no pictures, no post) which was surprisingly very delicious. I've never baked cakes before so the chocolate cake would be my first. I had quite some leftover bits of ingredients from the chocolate cake so I decided to use them to make brownies. The recipe I used is from All Recipes

Serves: 20
Prep time: 4 mins
Cook time: 20 - 25 mins

Ingredients
400g caster sugar
225g butter, melted
60g cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
225g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
60g walnut halves (optional)

Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients in the order given. 
  2. Bake at 180°C / Gas mark 4 for 20 - 25 minutes in a rectangular 23x33cm greased baking tin. 
  3. Cool, and slice into equal square portions. 




Due to my inability to access my mum's supply of baking utensils (mixer, baking trays, etc.), I used muffin tins instead of a baking tin which resulted in little mini cupcake brownies. I must say, I'm quite satisfied with the way the brownies turned out. 

Siobhan Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment