Tuesday 24 March 2015

Honey cornflake cups


One of the things I think about when Chinese New Year is around the corner: CNY cookies. A few weeks ago before Chinese New Year, I had a craving for CNY cookies. Being in the UK, CNY cookies are hard to find. In fact, I think they're impossible to find! And obviously my cravings needed to be satisfied. So in to the kitchen I went. This was a recipe I found online.

Serves: 70 mini cornflake cups
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 - 12 mins

Ingredients
2 tbs honey
50 grams unsalted butter
150 grams gently crushed cornflakes
coloured sprinkles

Directions
  1. In a saucepan, melt butter and honey over gentle heat, until the mixture is frothy. 
  2. Add crushed cornflakes into the honey butter mixture and stir to coat the cornflakes evenly. 
  3. Spoon cornflakes into individual mini baking cases and top with coloured sprinkles. Bake at preheated oven of 150°C for 10 - 12 minutes, or until the cornflakes turn a darker shade of golden. Once cooled, store them in an airtight container. 


Siobhan Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment